Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking towards buying a home here in Forest Park, we would like to familiarize you with the basic rules and regulations that apply here in our park before you make your decision.
1. This is a 55+ Park. All lots/homes in the park are for single family residential use only. At least one person of the household's
residents must be 55 years of age. All other residents must be at least 30 years of age.
2. Your guests, very likely including family members under 30, are welcome for a three- week maximum visit per calendar year.
3. Renters and homeowners' guests must register at the office for their protection and notification, in case of an emergency.
4. Lawn and premises must be kept neat and clean.
Garbage cans be
placed at street early evening before day of pick-up. We have twice a
week trash pick-up, once a week horticulture and blue-box pick-up. No
burning of any garbage, trash or refuse. Trash pickup is on
Tuesday and Friday. Recycling is on Wednesday.
Trash pickup is on Tuesday and Friday. Recycling is on Wednesday.
6. We have 15 mile per hour speed limit, well posted within our park. (Remember, we don't walk or react as fast as we did when we
7. There are designated Pet sections and NO-pet sections.
8. Swimming pool rules must be adhered to for your safety and the enjoyment of our pool and patio area.
9. Carport sales- One only per year (for the entire park) as designated by Social Club and Board of Directors.
10. No overnight parking of vehicles on resident's lawns is permitted.
11. Quiet Time -11 P.M. until 8 A.M. No lawn mowing prior to 8AM. Except during June, July, Aug & Sept. 7AM.
12. ALL Buildings are Smoke Free.
If you become serious about purchasing a home in this park, please ask our Office for a copy of the Forest Park Property Owners Association Inc. book of governing documents. This includes our Deed of Restrictions, By-Laws and Rules & Regulations. Please read thoroughly. Being well-informed is the first step towards becoming a happy homeowner here in Forest Park.
Note: There are also rules that apply only to pet owners, and to the users of the RV/boat storage area. Additional info is included in the above mentioned governing documents.
We do ask that you refrain from throwing your cigarette butts onto the streets or onto a resident's lawn, as this can be a fire hazard, especially in the dry season.
These rules are not hard to live by and are for the safety, enjoyment and well-being of all our residents, and adhering to them is what makes our park very desirable. If you feel you cannot accept these rules and regulations, there are other parks available in which you might feel more comfortable.